Estee Lauder - Double Wear Foundation - REVIEW

Estee Lauder - Double Wear Foundation
1N1 Ivory Nude


Hi guys, I know its been a while but I'm going to try and write more blog posts from now on!  Now, into the review...



A quick background to my skin type - I have combination skin with very dry patches but I get a bit only in my t-zone throughout the day.  

I purchased this foundation around six months ago and have used it off and on ever since.  Why off and on?  Because at first I didn't like it.  First I'll state what the foundation is like, then I'll go into why I didn't get on with it at first, and why I love it now.

Coverage - The foundation has high coverage for a foundation, a camouflage type concealer is going to cover more, but as foundations go its very good at concealing any redness and hyper pigmentation.

Finish - Matte

So, why didn't I like it?  I found the foundation too drying on my skin, like I mentioned before I get some very dry patches and I found the foundation made my dry patches look awful and even dried out some skin that wasn't too bad to begin with.  

Now however, I love this foundation, but I'll admit, its not the foundation alone.  I use two products along with the foundation to make it work for my skin, and with them, I love it.  

The products I use are the Loreal Paris - Lumi Magique - Pure Light Primer, and a moisturiser (I've used several different ones) Cetaphil, Cetraben etc (both very heavy) but I think anything would work.

To Use - I put the amount of foundation I think I'm going to use on the back of my hand and put one pump of the Pure Light Primer along with a little dot of moisturiser (taylor it to what works for you) and then mix them with my finger.  I then dab my beauty blender in the mix and apply as normal.  

Together these make my foundation look much healthier on my skin, they reduce the drying effect greatly and still leave the finish mostly matte.  They pretty much solve the dry skin problem but keep all the coverage of the foundation, which is what I want. 

My Final Review

If you have very oily skin this foundation is probably perfect on its own, if you have dryer skin then try adding an illuminating primer and a little moisturiser to it, to create the same full coverage effect, without drying out your skin too much.  All in all, a great product if you know how to work it for your skin.

Love and kisses - Jenny E xxx

Comments

Popular Posts