Why do I love travelling so much?



 Maybe its the countryside flitting past the windows of the car or the clouds below me on the plane;  perhaps its the huge expanse of the sea, or maybe its the destination, the exciting unknown or the loved but far flung place.


Whatever it is, I love to travel, as I’m sure a lot of you do too.  I’m lucky enough to get to travel across the Island of Ireland, a lot and often do five or six hour journeys to the other end of it.  Even though its now familiar to me, I love watching the lakes, mountains, cities, hills, fields and moorland gliding past on the train or driving through it in the car.


Staying in hotels has always been an excitement for me, I don't mind being away from home too much, I wish I could take my cat with me but its fun to stay in hotel rooms or air b&b, seeing somewhere new always feels like its opening up new pathways in my brain.  I need to see new things, do new things, I get very dissatisfied with the same, day in, day out. 

Now… do you ever get bored on long journeys?  Of course I do, even I like to have something to do while the hours tick by.  My personal favourite is an audio book, especially if I’m driving, I love listening to the story, I can tune it out if I need to concentrate, but as the motorways disappear beneath the tyres, I love to listen, even if its just to music. 


One of my go to’s when travelling is to decide on an audio book and compile a playlist of my favourite songs of the moment.  I have very strong memory association with songs, so if I listen to a few favourites on a long journey, listening to them even years after that, will remind me of that time and almost make me feel I’m there again.


If I’m on the train I love to edit my youtube videos for my channel, ‘Jenny E’, or watch films on my mac.  Editing is great as I tend to get so engrossed in what I’m doing its like I’m one place one minute and another in the next, despite the hours that have actually passed.


Snacks are essential, being Coeliac I need gluten free goodies wherever I go, so I bring a selection of whatever I’m feeling like that day, dry biscuits are always a good idea and something with protein like nuts to keep your energy going, a banana is very filling, I like to avoid fruits that will get my hands messy as its just annoying when travelling.


I will be doing a list of all the things I have found through the years to be super helpful when travelling in another blogpost next Wednesday, so if you want to know some travelling tips you can subscribe on Bloglovin with the button below to be notified or come back here then.

Love and kisses, Jenny E xxx

So… what do I do once I’ve reached the destination?


Maybe I’ll tell you later x

Comments

Popular Posts