BIRCHBOX Review - is it worth £10?

Ok, so as a massive beauty addict I decided that getting a beauty box would be a great idea.  If you're new to the concept of beauty boxes, they are basically a monthly subscription service where each month you get sent a box that, at least with some services, is tailored to your needs.  I decided on BIRCHBOX simply because it was the one I had heard the most about.  Each month you get sent a box with five high end / deluxe samples of products to try out.  This is great for someone like me who tires easily of different products and likes to try a lot of things to review and just to play around with. The items can be makeup, skin care, and lifestyle related.  You cannot choose what will be in your box so each month they are a bit of a gamble, but you can discover some great gems as well.  So far I have been very impressed with the service, in some months they will even give you an extra product to your standard five, which is a nice surprise.  I have discovered quite a few products which I now use all the time and will repurchase over and over again.  One of these products I will be doing a review on shortly is the Beauty Protector, Protect and Detangle, leave in conditioner.  It not only conditions your hair but protects it from heat, UV and detangles as well as other benefits.  It smells amazing and is now an essential when I am styling my hair that I would not have known about except for BIRCHBOX.  I have purchased a full size and will continue to do so in the future.  I have also found the Egyptian Magic all purpose skin cream, which is a wonder for dry sensitive skin and is now part of my daily skin routine.  I also love the Model Co lipsticks after trying them through BIRCHBOX which I had never used before.  You do get products that I don't like so much, I was sent a very large sample, which was nice, of the KMS California curl up wave foam, but it didn't really suit me, thats not to say its a bad product or anything, I have a friend who I will be giving it to that I think it would suit better, and I will let you know how she gets on with it.  That is the thing with beauty boxes, somethings are brilliant, new discoveries that soon become a staple in your skin, hair


or makeup.  While others are not as useful, even though they might be alright products.  Its the gamble that puts people off these boxes, but I have to say, the fun of not knowing what will be arriving each month and discovering new things, is worth it to me.  BIRCHBOX is a £10 a month subscription service, you can unsubscribe any time you want, though I think you have to give so much notice so they haven't already shipped out your next box, and you also have to pay a small amount for postage and packaging.  The packaging for birch box is lovely and I use the boxes themselves as storage boxes and will certainly be continuing my subscription to them.  I will link the BIRCHBOX Website here http://birchbox.co.uk for the UK, and here http://www.birchbox.com for the US.  I would like to add that BIRCHBOX are not paying me to do this review, I pay for my boxes out of my own money and they do not give me anything for free.  This review is entirely honest and my own opinion.  I hope you guys enjoyed this review, I have a few birch box opening videos on my channel which I will link here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShPS-qgU_Y4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4QXtviG38Y

Comments

Popular Posts